The Friends of Point Betsie Lighthouse are seeking applications for Staff positions. Job description, position requirement, and compensation range are detailed below. Send letters of interest and resume to Friends of Point Betsie Lighthouse, PO Box 601, Frankfort, MI 49635 or email@example.com.
General Description: A staff member for Point Betsie Lighthouse shall be responsible for carrying out all daily duties involved in the operations of the lighthouse during the hours that it is open to the public. The Staff takes direction from the MANAGER and the Board of Directors.
Duties: Include but are not limited to the following:
1. Open/close the facility
2. Give tours to the public (be able to learn and explain the history of the light station to visitors.)
3. Keep grounds safe and clean.
4. Participate in fund raising events.
5. Gift Shop-learn procedures for open/close, handling cash, operating cash register
6. Accept assignments from the Manager or Board
7. Ability to perform light physical labor is required--such as indoor sweeping or vacuuming, carrying trash and recyclables, and modest weights (up to 40 lbs.) of Gift Shop merchandise.
8. Ability to climb 34 steps is required.
9. Weekend work and flexibility in work schedule is required. Some limited off hours work may occasionally be required for apartment check ins/outs, weddings, or other special events.
Qualifications: The Staff must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.They must like working with and meeting people and have a positive additude.
Compensation: The payrate will range from $10.00-$14.00 per hour depending on experience.